Our Preschool Program
The Preschool Program at Cornerstone follows the Montessori Method of Early Childhood Education and provides a nurturing environment for self-discovery and growth for all members of our classroom. The preschool curriculum follows the principles of Montessori education with areas of learning in practical life, sensorial, math, language, science, and art. Our holistic approach to education is evident as we support the opportunities for development socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally for each child.
We are currently looking for an individual who loves working with children, is reliable, energetic, educated, and embraces the Montessori philosophy of early childhood education. Our Preschool Classroom Assistants work with a class size of ~27 children and partner with a Montessori teacher and two other assistants. This is a full-time, M-F position.
- To complement and assist in a classroom environment that supports the individual development of each child through the Montessori Method of education
- To support an atmosphere of respect between children, families, and staff members.
- To provide regular communications to the classroom lead teacher regarding each child’s progress and challenges, through attendance to regularly scheduled class meetings.
- To share equally with all classroom team members in the overall planning, preparation of the classroom environment, cleaning of the classroom, playground responsibilities, toileting needs of children, and other daily activities.
- To support healthy classroom relationships between all adults and children encouraging the respect for self, the environment, and others.
Education, Skills, and Attributes
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have experience working with children ages 3-6.
- Understanding of Montessori Philosophy and Methodology.
- CPR, 1ST Aid, and Universal Precautions Training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Agility, punctuality, flexibility, and compassion.
- Strong personal commitment to the education of young children.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.